Friday, July 24, 2009

Evony Online Review "Free forever"


So i was looking for some TV show to download for my wife and I see this add for Evony online. It was really a well done add - I for one rarely click on them because you just don't know what you'll get.

So I give my trash gmail email and sign up. Next thing I know I'm on a brand new server playing a sim-city type game with armies, castles, and resources.

I've only been playing for about 2 weeks as I type this out. I'm starting to feel that it is a serious time sink. The makers claim this game to be "Free Forever", but there is no way to get ahead of your foes unless you drop at least $30-$60 US dollars to buy some medal chests. These are needed to for promotion which will allow you to build additional towns and gain rank. So this game may be free to play, but it won't be free to win...

There are a few other blogs that I've read that say the makers are the mystical Chinese gold farmers. They say that this type of web game could embed Trojans and Malaware onto your PC without your knowledge. I don't think this is true as I have scanned several times since playing and come up with nothing.

If you wanting to know if I recommend this game the answer is no. Look elsewhere to spend your time. This game is like so many other pay for play games and its a treadmill type setup.

Don't waste your time.