Monday, September 7, 2009

HBO's Hard Knocks - Bengals Camp

I have mixed feelings about how I feel about my beloved Bengals being in the spotlight this year in Hard Knocks.

A part of me really likes being able to see real personalities of the players and the drama that HBO creates with it is pretty cool. It has great camera play that makes it worth having a High Definition TV. It has comedy - I caught myself laughing out loud several times per episode. The Carson Palmer sequence talking to his center about the top of his hand smelling "musty" was hilarious. I definitely recommend any NFL fan to watch this show.

The first thing I thought of when I became aware of this show was that this could seriously be a serious distraction for the players, coaches, and the administration guys. Think about how it would be at your job if suddenly there are directors and cameras pointed at your every move. Think about if it was you with the cameras on you - how would you react? Would you be yourself and conduct business as usual or would you change a few things or omit things you normally do at work before the cameras? Yep and there is it. The Bengals could have just had a made for TV training camp!

I hope I'm wrong and maybe this made them work even harder this preseason. We will know in a few weeks.